Sunday 14 May 2017

Return to Orkney

Last summer I enjoyed a short visit to Orkney with my friend, Triana. Loved Orkney so much I am returning for a longer visit - 4 nights instead of 2.

Doing a solo trip this time and I'm driving up instead of flying and hiring a car. The total trip to the ferry at Gill's Bay for Orkney is just under 300 miles - 7+ hours - and all on two lane roads. I am splitting up the trip by spending the night in Wick. It's only another 30 minutes to the ferry which I will catch tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. So I'll have a good night's sleep before I arrive on Orkney.

https://www.visitorkney.com/

Ring of Brodgar from last summer's trip:
























A very long drive to Wick today. Met an online friend who was here hiking and we a long chat in Fort William. One of her hiking partners came along as well. Nice visit.

I was gobsmacked by how stunningly gorgeous the drive up the A9 and A99 along the North Sea was!! No photos but will add videos later.

No comments: